Monday, August 13, 2007

Never Alone

I just went through my records for new survivor blogs, adding to it from new sites that I came across yesterday. Twenty new blogs, just like that. That makes just over 100 survivor blogs since I first started searching the net for this project in June. Quite a few of the survivor-bloggers I’ve yet to contact regarding this little project. But adding them last night, one survivor after another, it was almost kind of eerie. I got the same feeling when I researched the dozens of children who have died as a result of violence across the state of Indiana. That research was for a charity that I started last month, just after getting a lot of the initial work done for this project.

I kept getting the sense of all these names and faces crying out to me for validation:
“See me. I’m here, I’m REAL. I exist…and I’ve suffered in ways you could never imagine. Most of all REMEMBER me. Don’t forget that all of this happened. Don’t leave me behind…”